6.26.2007

Dear Dairy:

It is indeed a dark day for America. I just found out about a secret program monitoring the activities of Americans. Snooping. Invading. Keeping files. It’s called the National Archives, and it allows for the looking over the shoulder of people just like you and me, who have done nothing wrong except to work in the Executive Branch of government. Worse, it tells them what documents they can and cannot destroy to protect their privacy. They want to go through my stuff!

There is no excuse for this invasion of privacy. It’s un-American. They say it’s in the ‘national interest’ but believe me, that is merely the rationale of people taking as much power for themselves as they can get away with.

Am I the only one who still believes in rights to privacy from the government?

Dismayed,
GWB